I am going to be starting this financial class at church next month. I am actually really excited about it. I started realizing that tithing is done in faith. This seems like such a simple concept, doesn't it?? It isn't though; not when you are the one that has to give the tithe. However, I am being obedient...and if any of you know me, I am very independent and don't like to be told what to do.
During the service, our pastor led us to a number of passages in scripture about What God says about our income. The verse Galatians 3:14 says:
He redeemed us in order that the blessings given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus., so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit
What struck me about this is that it said might be passed......this means I have to let God give me the promises. So I am starting to see tithing as a freedom thing instead of a burden. My finances are not my problem, they are the Lord's. This doesn't mean I don't pay my bills, it means that I don't have to figure out where the money is going to come from. God has offered me the promise of Himself, and He will never leave me or forsake me.
God will establish me in Him, if I let Him. It's always the letting that trips me up. But I am starting to believe more and more what that actually entails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment